Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New York

I am divorced as of June 2012. My ex husband agreed to buy out my half of the house and to pay it in two installments. He paid the first installment and has yet to pay the second installment. I have paid for a mediator i've paid for a divorce lawyer and yet still he owes me money! My divorce lawyer and I agreed on a fee scale monthly so i can pay her off. Can you imagine my shock and surprise when MY divorce lawyer was also HIS bankruptcy attorney? She never did the QDRO for us because she wanted to wait until i was further along in my payment plan and now I don't trust her to do the QDRO because I no longer feel she has my best interest at heart (if she ever did). per the Bankruptcy trustee i'm to get paid first per New York State but how long am I expected to wait for the money? He is living in the house, he has a 403B account what are the expectations as I was the one that moved out? Do i take him back to court, do i take my lawyer to court (i'm so angry about her taking him on as a client i mean seriously WHO DOES THAT???) My ex is out on disability due to a back injury at work so I am waiting for the money from that as well.

Asked on 10/23/13, 12:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is not a bankruptcy question. In the bankruptcy section please limit your questions to filing for bankruptcy

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 7:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now