New York  |  Bankruptcy

I am divorced as of June 2012. My ex husband agreed to buy out my half of the house and to pay it in two installments. He paid the first installment and has yet to pay the second installment. I have paid for a mediator i've paid for a divorce lawyer and yet still he owes me money! My divorce lawyer and I agreed on a fee scale monthly so i can pay her off. Can you imagine my shock and surprise when MY divorce lawyer was also HIS bankruptcy attorney? She never did the QDRO for us because she wanted to wait until i was further along in my payment plan and now I don't trust her to do the QDRO because I no longer feel she has my best interest at heart (if she ever did). per the Bankruptcy trustee i'm to get paid first per New York State but how long am I expected to wait for the money? He is living in the house, he has a 403B account what are the expectations as I was the one that moved out? Do i take him back to court, do i take my lawyer to court (i'm so angry about her taking him on as a client i mean seriously WHO DOES THAT???) My ex is out on disability due to a back injury at work so I am waiting for the money from that as well.

Answered on: 10/23/13, 7:34 pm by Charles Andersen

This is not a bankruptcy question. In the bankruptcy section please limit your questions to filing for bankruptcy http://www.superdebtbuster.com

Charles Andersen, Atty 1761 Hotel Circle S. Suite 270 San Diego, CA 9208