New York  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/23/11, 1:21 pm

After a close election where the candidates are separated by 15 votes out of 6000+ and the Board of Elections in Suffolk County certifies the results, what has to be done legally to ask for an audit of the 19 election machines in our Town when just 3% of of ALL the machines are required to be audited in our county?

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/03/11, 1:04 pm by Kevin Connolly

A candidate has to ask for a recount and be prepared to file an Article 78 Proceeding to enforce. Figure on at least $7500 to get this filed, even with a bargain basement local lawyer. Double it if you go to an election law specialist (which you probably should).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Kevin J. Connolly 30-06 36th Avenue Astoria, NY 11106

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search