New York  |  Criminal Law

my son was driving his car in nyc,with 2 of his friends in the car with him,and since i was not there i can only go by what he told me,a truck cut him off and almost hit him so instead of just going about his business decided,that at 19 he will be stupid,in part showing off in front of his friends followed the truck a few blocks then at a red light got out and started challenging the truck driver to a fight,a police officer saw what was going on then after talking with everyone let the truck leave and gave my son 2 pink summonses 1 was for disco. 240.20(1) and the other was harassment 240.26(1)

he has never been in trouble with the police before and this was a one time thing,at least i hope he learned from it,but what kind of trouble will he in as far as fines,jail,sentence if found guilty?also what kind of fees would a attorney ask for on something like this?i am not really able to afford much at this time,would he qualify for a attorney through the court on a case like this