New York  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/24/13, 1:08 pm

I got a PL 221.10 01 yesterday and the cops searched the car found my friends marijuana they hand cuffed me, put me in jail and charged me. I would like to no what my options are, I am a broke college student and I don't want anything on my record, please help me.

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/24/13, 7:59 pm by Richard Sweeney

Are you only charged with Crim Possession of Marijuana 5 or is there also a Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs charge? That's not clear by your question. Either way, you have to respond to the court when your ticket says to go. If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one to represent you. The attorney will negotiate with the DA and try to get the charge(s) reduced to a violation or perhaps an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal. The ACD in a marijuana case is for 1 year. If you are not re-arrested during that 1 year and you follow any other rules like community service, the case is dismissed and sealed.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Richard F. Sweeney, Esq. 33 South Broadway, Suite 17 Yonkers, NY 10701

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search