Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am an American who has fallen in love with a Canadian. He wants to move to U.S., work in U.S. & marry me. I only work part time in U.S., he works full time in Canada, currently. What are the legal steps we are to take for him to be able to live with me & work in U.S. & marry each other?

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

You may want to consider getting married and applying for his immigrant visa (permanent residence).

You may apply information on the process and my services here:

http://www.msclaw.com/marriage-visa-lawyer

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Generally, if a person marries a U.S. citizen, the U.S. citizen spouse can petition them for U.S. permanent residence. However, there are other potential issues involved in your case, such as immigrant intent, your ability to meet the income requirements for the affidavit of support, whether he applies for the immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Canada or adjusts status in the U.S., etc.

You can obtain more information on the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov) or the U.S. Embassy website (http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/immigrant-visas.html), or feel free to contact my office if you have any specific questions.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York