Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am the petetioner for my husband I-130 and I am a US citizen and have two kids that are born in the US I try to get foodstamps for my kids and my income is low so is there any problem I will have with my husband immigration case even though someone else will do the support letter for my husband since I am law income!

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you do not meet the poverty guidelines for the Affidavit of Support (form I-864), you will be required to obtain a co-sponsor (of financial support) for the Affidavit. As long as you have a qualifying co-sponsor for the I-864, the fact that you are low income or obtain government benefits should not affect the case.

For more detailed information, you can go to the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov & click on the "forms" link. then look for "I-864". You can also search "I-864" or "affidavit of support" on the USCIS website.

Good luck!

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York