Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

re-entry to USA from canada

i never got any answer , my question was will i be denied entry or place in deportation because 4 years ago i had traffic ticket for driving with a suspended license they did not arrest me that day, went to court and i paid a fine. but some people say they can denied you entry for some minor offence

Asked on 2/11/09, 10:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Isabella Mayzel, Esq. Law Offices of Isabella Mayzel
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: re-entry to USA from canada

I assume that you are a lawful permanent resident and, therefore, have just a green card. If it is so, you should not have any problems to re-enter the U.S. either from Canada or any other country. You can obtain a certified copy of the disposition of the court, if it makes you feel good, and take it with you on your trip. Under the law, this traffic ticket by itself cannot be a ground for deportation or any other immigration problems.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/09, 10:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now