Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I have a tenant who has not paid me rent since they moved in February. They fixed the apartment but can not provide a receipt on how much they have spent. They have been living for free and I recently found out that they have been using my light without paying for it. Can I legally evict them?

Asked on 9/26/13, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

kevin connolly Kevin J. Connolly
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably. It depends. You're going to need help from a lawyer (like me) who understands Housing Court. THe consult is free so feel free to write to me ([email protected]) or call 516-242-1453.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now