Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

There are trees on the side of the road I live on in front of my house. The town's right of way goes into about 4 inches of the tree and the rest of the tree is on my property. The tree is almost completely dead and may fall on my house. Whose responsibility is it to pay for tree removal, and if the town is responsible for the tree and the tree falls on my house is the town liable for actual value of the house or replacement value

Asked on 9/04/13, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jignesh Shah Law Office of Jignesh J. Shah, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The right of way doesn't grant the town ownership over those 4 inches of your property. You are still the property owner.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now