North Carolina  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/16/08, 9:07 am

real estate contract

I have a signed contract to purchase some real estate this friday. The seller called today and wants says he is not going to sell. There is no ''escape'' clauses in the contract or contingencies like financing, etd. what is my recourse.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/16/08, 9:17 am by Michael Elliott

Re: real estate contract

Assuming that you are correct in your assertions that there are no unresolved conditions to closing, your only recourse is to sue him and seek specific performance. Specifc Performance is a remedy whereby the court would enter an order compelling forcing him to sell to you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elliott Law Firm, PC PO Box 1821 Huntersville, NC 28078

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search