North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/29/11, 10:05 am

If I currently reside in a different state from my husband, Can I file for divorce in the state where we were married?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/11/11, 8:57 am by Brian Jones

Yes. The state that you were married in always has jurisdiction over the marriage.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Office of Brian P. Jones 1370 Broadway, Suite #530 New York, NY 10018

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search