Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

An undeage D.U.I.

Does a field breathalizer hold up as admisable evidence in court if no other sobriety tests were administered and the officer didn't take me to the police staion, (just gave me a citation and called a cab for me) ?

Timothy Burch Burch Law Office

Re: An undeage D.U.I.

It sounds more like you have been charged with a provisional. If your roadside test had been high (.08 or greater), the officer probably would have taken you down to the detention center for the administration of the intoxilyzer. Instead, it sounds like you were charged with driving after consuming being less than 21. I try to get my clients eligible for a PJC on this type of charge in order to keep their license. Otherwise you will be suspended for 1 year. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail at tim@burchlawoffice.com if I may be of any assistance.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina