Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

I work two jobs, the second one hiring me knowing I had limited hours of availability and could not come in outside of those hours unless I was not working that first job (they knew of the hours and days I could work during the interview and was again written down during orientation). Now my assistant store mngr. at my second job says I will receive a puncuality if I don't attend a mandatory store meeting even if it is outside my availability and am working my other job. If I receive too many puncualities I can get fired (12 within a 12 month rolling period). Can my employer fire me because I had too many puncualities due to missed mandatory store meetings that fell outside my hours of availability?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Unfortunately yes. Even if you told them your hours and got them approved, unless you have a contract, you do not have a right to a specific set of hours and your employer does have the right to change them or set specific hours.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms