Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I don't have all the info, but a friend got a speeding ticket and missed his court date sebveral years ago. what is the normal recourse?

Asked on 7/11/13, 11:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John O'Neal O'Neal Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depends on the county and the exact charge..........there very well could be an Order for Arrest (OFA) outstanding for your friend. If there is an OFA your friend should NOT merely go to the courthouse and try to get the case placed back on the active court docket. If your friend does this he/she risks being arrested and having to post bond to secure pretrial release. Instead your friend should contact an attorney to review the ticket and determine the best course of action. And the friend should not even consider just paying the ticket as it has now likely accrued additional fees and paying the ticket means a guilty plea to the original charge which could have an adverse effect on driver's license points and insurance points. Again, the friend should contact an attorney for help.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 7:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now