Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I got a speeding ticket going 60 in 45, have not had any tickets in 10 years, what should I expect in admin court and how much will it cost in stanly county,northcarolina?

Asked on 6/30/13, 5:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You won't be in Admin Court - you will be in District Court, if you decide to go yourself. Your best bet, is to hire an attorney to have this reduced to an Improper Equipment - if the District Attorney allows that reduction in Stanly County. As for expenses, the reduction to Improper Equipment carries court cost and a fine of $263 plus whatever the attorney fee is if you decide to go that route. A fair fee is between $50 and $100.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now