Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

Heir's Rights

My father died 2 months ago and my sister was power of attorney and now executor of his will/estate. I know I am an heir, because she had to confirm my address for her lawyer handling the estate. She refuses to let me have the lawyer's name and phone number. And she won't let me have a copy of his will. Since she also refused to keep me informed of his health and if he needed money for the nursing home, I believe she is hiding something. Do I have the right as an heir to know the lawyer's name and phone number? And if she still refuses, can I sue her? And how?

Arrow Head Grow up fast

Re: Heir's Rights

where did your father die? is your sister probating his estate? if the estate is being probated you can get all the information about the estate from the probate court....estates are usually probated in the county where the decedent last lived.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina