North Carolina  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/27/01, 5:09 pm

need to know

i need to know,i know this person who got hurt at work about a year ago and they went to the doctor for it and he sent them back to work on light duty and they recieved compensation.can they get a lawer and sue the company?now this was a year ago when the got compensation.they got a welfar medical card and they had the injury operated on.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/04/01, 11:48 am by Eleanor MacCorkle

Re: need to know

Yes, in North Carolina you have two years from the date of the work injury to file a Form 18 with the Industrial Commission. Your friend will have to prove that the present back problem is a result of the work injury.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Eleanor MacCorkle, Attorney at Law 138 East Chestnut St. Asheville, NC 28801

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search