Legal Question in DUI Law in Ohio

My wife got a D.U.I. and child endangerment in front of her mother's house blocks from my home. I was at home with my others children when this all happened. The police had my wife's mother bring me to her arresting location took my drivers license never gave it back. Told me to walk home as they put my wife's mother in their squad car without my knowledge drove to my house and they had her mother open the door to my home to search it with no search warrant or me the home owners knowledge or concept. Is this possible?

Asked on 10/19/13, 5:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, it is certainly possible, but the conduct you describe by the police would violate your rights under the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution. This would require suppression of any evidence such police discovered and would open them up to suit under certain civil rights laws.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 9:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now