Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

My husband just received citizenship and is leaving the marriage. Is this considered abandonment? Is there any way I can go after him for taking my citizenship?

Asked on 9/14/13, 8:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, and there is nothing you can do. USCIS does not require that the sponsored immigrant spouse remain in the marriage indefinitely; only that the marriage was bona fide when it was entered into.

Now that he is a U.S. citizen, you just need to walk away & find a Family law attorney to represent you in your impending dissolution proceedings.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now