Legal Question in Employment Law in Ohio

I made commission at my previous job with a percentage of my sales. I had multiple signed contract sales before I was let go, my boss is not paying me for those sales. I would appreciate help in this matter

Neil Klingshirn Fortney & Klingshirn

Ohio law says that, if there is a custom or practice in the industry, or an express provision in your individual contract, to pay commissions earned before termination, then a court can compel your old employer to pay commissions on the contracts that you signed before your termination. If there is no such custom, practice or contract provision, then the case is closer and would depend on your individual facts.

If you want to discuss this further, we offer an initial consultation that is suitable for that purpose. Our consultation fee is $200. If you are interested in a consultation, contact my Office Manager at 330.665.5445, ext. 0 and she can get you on my calendar.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Ohio

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms