Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

I have an uncle who lived with us for four years who recently passed. He only had a living will. All of his possessions (most of which we are going to pitch) were in his room. He did sign a document noting all those possessions were to be provided to me after he passed.

His investments all have beneficiaries so they are being resolved by providing death certificates to the responsible parties.

Do I need to go into probate for the items in his room which is probably worth at the most $3,000 (if that).

Thank you.

James Slater Slater & Zurz LLP

To properly answer your question, we would like to provide you with a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Please contact James Luna at 1-800-297-9191 or email jluna@slaterzurz.com to schedule your free consultation. Your free consultation can be conducted either over the telephone or in-person.

Thank you.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio