Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

Employer paying employees

My husband is a salary-based employee. He was just informed that since the owner of the dealership he works for feels that they are not making the kind of money that he feels they should be making him, none of the managers will be receiving a paycheck this week and maybe next. Because of this, we will be forced to sell our house and move. Is this man allowed to do this? He is not commission-based.

Asked on 1/11/07, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Hershenson Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Employer paying employees

The employer is not allowed to take such action. He will be responsible for a penalty and attorney fees. The option for the employer is to immediately layoff your husband. Suggest you consult an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/07, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now