Legal Question in Technology Law in Pennsylvania

So awhile ago I did something dumb, involving a computer program, and let's just say I got access to a paypal account which I then sent money to my paypal account. The thing about this all is I added a terms of service saying that by installing my program the user gave full permission to any passwords/information/control of their computer to me. Any ideas on how much trouble im looking at? or did the ToS cover my butt and save me?

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You're potentially in a world of trouble under both state and federal law. The terms of service you wrote almost certainly will not save you. But they likely will provide additional evidence of your intent when and if you're prosecuted.

Get a lawyer right away, and stop discussing what you did with anyone other than potential legal counsel or their staff.

Good luck.

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms