Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

Hello, my name is D and I have a couple questions about theft. I have been living on campus at my friend's apartment at a local University. I used to attend the college but i didnt have enough money for this semester. Today a police officer called me saying that i have committed a 3rd degree felony. The housing fee is $3744 so i got charged with theft from 2,000/25,000. I also have theft and receiving stolen property charges that were committed in december, however they both are misdemeanors and I already was accepted for ARD. My question is, how much trouble am i going to get into and will i go to jail? I have nothing else on my record. Just the 2 misdemeanors and now this. The police officer said that he was going to talk to the district attorney at 130 today

Mark Johns Mark Johns, Esquire

Sounds like the officer is willing to not file charges if payment is arranged. You may have defenses and so you should discuss the matter with an attorney asap.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania