Texas  |  Medical Malpractice

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/24/10, 4:23 am

My son recently lost his life as a direct result of gross medical malpractice/neglect. Much to my disgust, I have found that because of Texas' tort reform laws, his doctors will not have to answer for their actions...too expensive to pursue...cap on damages....how pathetic. My son died a painful, agonizing death; if not for his doctors, he would be alive today.

It has become my life's goal to either overturn the Texas tort reform laws or have the cap on damages raised to at least on million dollars. As the tort reform laws are written, anyone damaged or killed by the medical community has absolutely no recourse under the law unless they are extremely wealthy and can afford all the expenses involved in pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit. In Texas, doctors have a license to kill with no consequences whatsoever.

I need advice from med/mal attorneys on how to proceed. Do I write my state rep., the governor?

Please. ANY help or advice will be helpful.

Since my son's illness, I was amazed at how blatently incompetent many doctors and hospitals are. I have met many people along the way who have had family members seriously injured and/or killed at the hands of the medical comminity. In Texas, these people have a license to kill with absolutely no consequences at all. Medical Malprectice lawsuits are NOT FRIVILOUS!

2 Answers

Answered on: 5/25/10, 12:18 pm by Parker Polan

I'm very sorry to hear of your son's death. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache you are going through. Although there is a cap on damages for medical malpractice negligence, the cap can be penetrated through proving of gross negligence. These laws have affected many people and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, which I am a member, is expending numerous resources to have such laws overturned.

Please give me a call to discuss the merits of your case for the wrongful death of your son and survival claim against the medical providers. I work with many attorneys that specialize in medical malpractice and will take cases no matter how large or small just because these laws are so ridiculous.

My number is (512) 472-8318.

Parker Polan

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Briggle & Polan, PLLC 812 San Antonio St., Ste. 310 Austin, TX 78701

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 5/26/10, 10:54 am by Edgardo Baez

The Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA) is trying to do just what you want the law to be, overturned. Sorry to hear about your loss. May God give you the strength that you need during this storm.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Baez Law Firm, P.C. 1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 365 San Antonio, TX 78213

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search