Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/25/13, 9:49 am

My wife was shot by her ex-husband 6 years ago. The gun fired during an altercation and the gun fell. She felt that he was going to kill her so they both fought for the gun. The gun fired and has placed my wife in a wheelchair. He was never convicted and the court case was delayed up to 2 years when it was administratively discharged. I'm wondering what it would take to get a hold of investigation notes and files and to try and get this case re-opened. The lead investigator was a friend of the ex-husband's father and had lunch with him every Saturday. This was definitely a product of the good ol' boy system. We want justice.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search