Texas  |  Family Law

can I give husband's bk stmts I got from his house to his attorney during the discovery/production time to prove fraudulent/wasteful spending of community prop? will i get 1/2 of what he spent on girl friends, trips, bar tabs etc? what if I am late turning it in? We have a bench trial 7-22-13 but I am finding out that he cashed in 401k and sold business, etc. We haven't been to mediation yet His lawyer canceled last appt. Thanks for your help!!!

Answered on: 7/10/13, 8:51 am by Fran Brochstein

I assume you have an attorney. You need to talk to your attorney about these details.

You are asking very technical details that I'm not comfortable addressing without knowing a lot more.

I assume that you are not going to mediation if you don't have it scheduled since trial is July 22nd!

I would attempt to schedule a mediation if all you are fighting over is property. Most cases on property can settle at mediation. I cannot tell where you live in TX since no zip code is included.

I mediate in Harris and contiguous counties to Harris County. My rate is $250 per side for 4 hours. If we go longer then it's $62.50 per side for each hour past the initial 4 hours.

I hope my answer has been somewhat helpful to you.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054