Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 1:19 pm

can I give husband's bk stmts I got from his house to his attorney during the discovery/production time to prove fraudulent/wasteful spending of community prop? will i get 1/2 of what he spent on girl friends, trips, bar tabs etc? what if I am late turning it in? We have a bench trial 7-22-13 but I am finding out that he cashed in 401k and sold business, etc. We haven't been to mediation yet His lawyer canceled last appt. Thanks for your help!!!

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/10/13, 8:51 am by Fran Brochstein

I assume you have an attorney. You need to talk to your attorney about these details.

You are asking very technical details that I'm not comfortable addressing without knowing a lot more.

I assume that you are not going to mediation if you don't have it scheduled since trial is July 22nd!

I would attempt to schedule a mediation if all you are fighting over is property. Most cases on property can settle at mediation. I cannot tell where you live in TX since no zip code is included.

I mediate in Harris and contiguous counties to Harris County. My rate is $250 per side for 4 hours. If we go longer then it's $62.50 per side for each hour past the initial 4 hours.

I hope my answer has been somewhat helpful to you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search