Texas  |  Medical Leave

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/09/13, 4:02 pm

I owe back child support. I am not questioning the amount due. I now make about 50% less than I made when support was ordered. Question is can I get my monthly payment lowered? Also get the interest dropped and future interest waved?

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/10/13, 5:41 am by Mark Dunn

No, you can't do anything about the interest.

File a motion for modification of your monthly child support amount (do this NOW). The Judge has the authority to lower your child support retroactively to the date that you get Mom served with your motion (he can't "go back" any farther than that).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Mark D. Dunn 101 E. Park Blvd., Suite 600 Plano, TX 75074

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search