Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Fired after almost five years at Walmart

I was fired from Walmart last week without warning. I have been a loyal, dependable and honest employee and I have always received exceeds on my reviews. What happened was I came to work last Thursday and due to stress and being worn out from hard work I clocked out and went home. When I returned the next day the time clock would not let me clock in so I went on home and waited for my store manager to come in. I called and asked why I could not clock in, he said I was terminated and when I said what he said you basically walked out on your job yesterday and you are terminated. Can they do this after one day if I have never been written up or coached? I believe it was done intentionally because of waves made with management. I do believe they were trying to get me to quit before this happened there is alot more to the story but I don't have room here for it. I just want to know if it is worth fighting for my job back. Is it legal to fire someone after one day?

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: Fired after almost five years at Walmart

An Employer does not need a reason to fire an employee...and when an employee leaves without letting a supervisor know..that is cause enough..but you have nor right to the job..

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms