Texas  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/30/13, 10:43 am

Daughter and husband leases a house with another couple-two separate lease agreements in Texas. There has been criminal activity on their property twice which they have made police reports. My daughter is also expecting a child (did not know when they started their lease), and that has caused a bad relationship with the other couple. They have asked the landlords if they could find someone to sublease to but landlords said no and it is stated in their lease agreement 'no subleasing". Is there any laws that could get them out of their lease contract, because of the criminal activity and them expecting a child, without them having to pay remainder of lease? (1 yr. lease., expires in Feb 2014)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search