Texas  |  Personal Injury

i was rear ended the police report states that i was not the person who cause this but the other persons insurance claims i am trying to scam them they are saying that my car was wrecked before the other reared me not true they are also saying that i am scamming false bodily harm again not true my lawyer is trying to get a recorded statement from me my question is what will this prove

Answered on: 5/05/13, 1:05 pm by Paul Cannon

Whether or not to give a recorded statement is a judgment call that you and your lawyer must make. If the insurance company has labeled the claim as a fraud claim, they probably aren't going to voluntarily pay it without questioning you and determining whether they feel you are credible. If they decide they think you are, they might change their position. If they decide they think you are not, the will deny and fight the claim. You need to discuss the pros and cons with your lawyer.

Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. 9821 Katy Freeway, Suite 925 Houston, TX 77024