Legal Question in Banking Law in Virginia

My husband stole my camera, so I charged one in his name worth same amount as the one he stole.$300 we live in VA and have been seperated for 30 days. Can he sue me?

Or could I counter sue him with the joint bank account. He overdrew it 200 and knew there wasn't any money in there when he did. Now its 600 negitive. And he is taunting me saying I can't sue bc my name is on it.

Asked on 11/27/11, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sure, either of you could sue the other but whether either or both of you

could prevail on your respective claims would be up to a duly qualified

trier of fact (judge) after s/he has heard the relevant evidence in the trial

of these matters.

It would seem, however, that rather than resorting to litigation, each of you would also be better advised to dispose of such trifles as part of a settlement of all financial issues in the marriage incident to the divorce which, apparently, may soon be looming large on your collective marital horizons.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/11, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now