Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

The mother of my child is currently incarcerated at the Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women(VADOC). She is nearing the end of her sentence which will be February 3rd, 2014. Originally she had been ordered to go to the Diversion program following her release. But in the last year she has had several medical issues that will ultimately prevent her from going as the do not have the ability to treat her health issues in the program. She needs to go before a judge to determine what will happen next. The hope is that since her health is not good the judge will send her home. What would you recommend as the best course of action here?

Asked on 11/05/13, 7:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So, have her write a letter to the judge explaining her situation and what she would like to see happen once she has completed her penitentiary sentence.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/13, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now