Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My fiance's ex-wife had him get a vasectomy when they were married. Then she asked for a divorce. Now, we are talking about having children together but, the options of getting pregnant through IVF are expensive. Can we take his ex-wife to court to have her pay for part of the expense of getting pregnant through IVF?

Asked on 1/29/12, 7:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, not "we" as you as a fiance would have no legal

standing in the matter (in my opinion), but, of course,

your fiance could sue his former spouse, but his claim

would likely go nowhere except straight out of court.(again in my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 1/29/12, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now