Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/22/06, 3:47 pm

Living with someone else prior to divorce being final

My divorce will be final within another month or so. We have went through mediation and things have went fairly smoothly for the most part. My soon to be ex-husband has not been good about paying child support for our two children, ages 10 & 13. I have went through DCSE for a support order. He is very angry at me over this. I now live with someone else, someone that I anticipate spending the rest of my life with. My soon to be ex has been ok with this and thinks highly of my boyfriend. Now though that I took him to child support he is very angry with me and threatening to get an attorney and ''sue'' me for living with someone prior to our divorce being final. I am a very good provider to my children. My ex is an alcoholic with an extensive list of charges against him including a child endangerment charge and DUI involving our son when he was 4. I am not concerend about him getting custody of our children, in fact my 13 year old daughter has washed her hands of him because of his life style. I am just wondering is there anything he can do to me for living with someone prior to our divorce being final? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search