Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

How do I pay off a judgement for unpaid rent if I do not know the landlords address? This is an old judgment for a private landlord not an apartment complex.

Asked on 8/06/13, 11:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

First, do your due diligence in attempting to locate your judgment

creditor and keep a record of your efforts. However, if such efforts

prove unavailing, then you could ask the court to schedule a hearing

on the matter to determine whether, perhaps, the court should establish

an escrow account into which you would pay what is owed, or, perhaps,

decide that the judgment should now be removed from the public

record for whatever reason(s) it might deem appropriate.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/13, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now