Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

My husband and I recently sold our house for $80,000 way under the asking price of $129,000. The agent showed the house several times during the first 2 weeks it was on the market, suddenly it stopped. This house was in an elite neighborhood in our area, so it was in a very good neighborhood with good schools and located within reach of stores within 5 minutes of grocery storesm etc. The house was in very good condition. We were forced to accept an offer for $80,000 because we needed the money to put on our new home and the agent just kept putting us off when contacted. We came to find out that the agent we had selling the house and the owner of the agency office bought the house, in our opinion that is why the showings stopped. Do we have a case against the agent and the the agency for fraud or anything else? They now have the house is now back on the market for $139,000.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Sounds like it could involve at the least a possible breach of the contract (Listing Agreement) between you and the agent and his agency as well as possibly other related actions at law.

I would suggest that you arrange for a consultation with a local

attorney who handles real estate matters for further advice on this

particular situation.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia