Washington  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/07/09, 1:54 am

In 2006 a sub-contractor did some work on my home. The work was shoddy, the crew was rude and I was generally displeased. I talked to the contractor and told him that I was unhappy with the work his sub did and that I considered our contract open for renegotiation. After several months of getting the telephone run-around I stopped trying to get an invoice out of the contractor. I was very clear that I wanted the invoice so that I could take it to attorney and we could begin negotiating my discount. It's been three years and I haven't heard a word, so I'm considering the work to be free. Where do I stand? Can I have a lien placed on my home without ever getting an invoice? Can they charge interest for non-payment?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search