Washington  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/10, 11:47 am

Is it true that it is NOT illegal to serve liquor to your own children in your home? this is a regarding a father serviing alcohol to his 19 year old daughter in his (his girlfriend's) apartment.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/04/10, 4:46 pm by Thuong-Tri Nguyen

You can review RCW 66.44.270 (Furnishing liquor to minors Possession, use Penalties Exhibition of effects Exceptions). The statute is at http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=66.44.270 .

Whether the statute would apply to your specific example depends on additional facts. For example, was the daughter a willing consumer of the alcohol?

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Thuong-Tri Legal Services, PLLC 879 RAINIER AV N, STE A106 Renton, WA 98057

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search