Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Why did my attorney file notice of intent to withdraw and tell me it's for housekeeping records

Asked on 6/14/13, 12:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the case is over, that is standard practice for many attorneys. One thing it means is that any subsequent service of papers on you within the first 63 days after final judgment has to be done personally to you since there is no attorney (after 63 days you have to be served anyway). See CR 5(b)(4) and (6) and CR 71. For your review, the rules are located at

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now