Washington  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/06/13, 5:30 pm

My father owns his house and his girlfriend has lived there for 6 years. He has asked her several times to move out, telling her the relationship is over, but she won't leave. Does he need to go through an eviction process or can he just call the cops to kick her out? He pays all the bills, everything is in his name, and they have no joint possessions. She's never paid rent. We live in Washington State.

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/06/13, 5:48 pm by Jonathan Baner


It requires an eviction. The police will not get involved. One needs to be careful that he does nothing resembling domestic violence OR she could get a domestic violence protection order to restrain HIM from HER "residence" (i.e. HIS house).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Baner & Baner 724 S. Yakima Ave Tacoma, WA 98407

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search