Legal Question in Employment Law in India

Dear sir/madam,

I am A.BARWIN RAJ,21 years old.I am a fresher and new to workimg field.i have completed my B.E degree(2013).I joined a private concern "MMC INFOTECH SERVICES PRIVATE LTD" in chennai on August 27,2013. While joining i didn't signed any bond papers but few xerox which is formal joining procedures.While joining they asked me to submit any of my original certificate & I submitted my sslc certificate and they given me the acknowledgement receipt with company seal.Now I don't like to continue in that company so i gave my resignation letter on September 10,2013 to the concerned HR.In Terms & Condition given by them it is clearly given that one can voluntarily relieve from company by giving one month prior notice and so i gave letter in september and I called in october 10th, they are asking me to pay my one month salary and get the original certificate in 24 hrs or wait for 6 months to get it free. Now I have got a job in Hyderabad but my certificate is with company.I am really vexed and deppressed as it is my first and worst experience.I have all documents with me regarding this.So I kindly request you to help me in this regard.please pease....:-(

Asked on 10/16/13, 9:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Compan to the Police station nearest to the office of the company for extortion. You may also drop a detailed query at

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 10:43 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

The Company has no right to retain any of your original certificates and it is an offence. You should straightaway lodge a Police complaint against the Company, and inform the Police that the Company is telling you that they will return back your original Leaving ceritificate after six months, despite you having served the agreed notice period in the Company. Re-post query if there is no Police action within three days of your lodging the FIR against the Company.


Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India