Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

My boyfriend and I got in a fight the other night and I called the cops. I did not press charges and I asked that he not go to jail just out of the house for the night. They took him in and he's still there four days later. How can I get him out today without waiting for the judge to see him next week?

Asked on 8/28/16, 7:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

Go sign his bond. I am sure he has a bond set. Anytime there is domestic violence charges, someone is going to jail. And when someone goes to jail, money is charged for the case. Domestic violence is not something to play with in that it affects lives dramatically and can result in consequences whether ignored or pursued. The laws recognize this and have in place procedures and protocol to avoid someone being hurt; but at the same time recognize that when involved, there is a cost for the legal action and it is not something that you just decide the next day to dismiss. It is best to get a bond and then go to court and reach a resolution.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/16, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama