Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm a divorced dad and share custody of my child. I'm going to be going out of town for about 2 weeks to visit my fiancÚ. Meaning I won't be in town to pick up my my child the days I am scheduled to. How do I go about legally or properly to let the other parent know I won't be picking up my child. Is there a forum or document I need to fill or request for?

Asked on 8/24/16, 9:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

The first thing you should do is review your current court orders concerning parenting time to see if there's any guidance in directing you how to give notice. If it isn't clear in the order, the most appropriate precaution would be provide written notice of your intention to exercise your visitation. If your visitation is not clearly set out in the orders, it would be appropriate to return to court to get specific orders that are enforceable. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/16, 7:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California