Legal Question in Family Law in California

I want to leave my partner due to the fact that he does not want to work full time and I am working full time and buying everything for my daughter . He also started smoking marijuana and I do not want my daughter to see that. The other thing is that he has a dui case pending and he told me if I leave he will make sure that I do not get to see my daughter at all

Asked on 7/09/17, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

If your partner is threatening to take your child away, you should immediately embark upon filing a divorce action (or paternity case if you're not married ) and seek protective orders so you have sole legal and physical custody. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/17, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California