Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

My father died and stepmother is exec. They live in cool and I'm in Az . I want a copy of his will and step mom won't provide. What do I do?

Asked on 4/28/17, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

I assume you meant to write Colorado not "cool." If your father died in Colorado and your stepmother was listed as the one to be appointed as the personal representative, she must file to get appointed by the court. If she is appointed, you will get a notice of that appointment (if you are a listed beneficiary). You can then ask the PR for a copy of the will or contact the probate court on getting a copy.

Since you don't live here, if you want to assure that your rights are protected, you should hire a Colorado probate attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/17, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado