Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

CT divorced parents have joint, legal custody, 11 year old child resides exclusively with mother. Father has visitations days and times outlined in the legal divorce agreement/parenting plan. If the father elects to not see the child at all, is this simply a matter of him not exercising his right for visitation or is it considered contempt, that he is not taking the child for the days outlined in the Agreement? Father also has specified school vacations in which to provide the care for the child and does not do so. *Note that the father's new wife has verbally assaulted the child and the child refuses to go to the father's home, but desires 1:1 time with her father,

Asked on 12/26/17, 12:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

You are not going to file a Motion for Contempt as a result of his inactions, nor do I believe a court would grant it. However, it does sound like a civil conversation should occur between the parents and child regarding the arrangements. I am sorry. In what way did the new wife verbally assault the child?

Read more
Answered on 12/27/17, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut