Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Child has lived primarily with father for the past 3 years. Father filed to establish paternity and time sharing in 2021. Mother only see child once every few months if asked. Mother told father she was coming into town and father met mother to exchange child on Friday. Father got a call from child’s maternal grandmother saying that mother and child came to house and said she was going back out of state and taking child with her. Mother is not responding to any calls or text messages. There is only a standing court order preventing relocation of child. Is that grounds for an ex parte emergency motion to pick up?

Asked on 6/12/22, 10:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

I would.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/22, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida