Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my wife filed for a no contest divorce. I have agreed. the court date (10-16-2013) was cancelled by her or her attorney. Her attorney tells me that she has not asked for a new date I called the clerk office and I was told that it was him delaying the date and I could now schedule a new date. What can I do to get this simple divorce on track, and does the divorce petition have a expiration date. We were only married 6 months when she filed

Asked on 2/03/14, 6:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If there were settlement agreements that were signed and filed then you can call the court and set it yourself, and you have to clear the date with the attorney and file a counter-petition. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida