Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

I'm married and my husband of 20 yrs has a 7month old child and a girlfriend!! The house that we've lived in for the past 10yrs was given to the both of us in exchange for taking care of the previous owner until her death!! The house isn't in either of our names!! What can I do as far as getting to either keep the house (which I really don't want) or getting him to pay me half of what the house is worth and I move on?? Please help!!

Asked on 3/04/20, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

If the prior owner had a will that said the property would be left to you and your husband, then the matter needs to proceed thru probate court. If there was no will, and neither of your names are on the deed, there is no way to keep the house or get any money out of the house. If you need to divorce, that is a different matter and I can assist you with that. If there are facts about the house that I am not aware of it is possible there may be a difference answer than above, however, I would need to discuss those facts in detail.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/20, 4:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky